- NEWSClarice Assad, winner of 2015's McKnight Visiting Composer Fellowship
Clarice Assad (New York, NY) will work with female adolescents in a Twin Cities’ public school to produce her “VoxPloration” workshop. Its mission is to empower individuals through self and collective expression by engaging in spontaneous musical and theatrical creations through a variety of exercises and activities. Read More
- New Music USA grant Clarice receives a composition grant from NEW MUSIC USA for the creation of a new guitar concerto, O Saci-Pererê. Schedule to premiere in January 2016 at the San Francisco Conservatory. Marc Teicholz, guitar - Nicole Paiement, conductor.
- Clarice Assad & The Boston Landmarks READ REVIEW !
- Show More
- EXCITING PROJECTSASSAD AND HER ENSEMBLE OFF THE CLIFF AT THE SAVANNAH FESTIVAL WITH MIKE MARSHALL AND CHORO FAMOSO Read Concert Review
- Cavatina Duo, Sephardic ProjectFlutist Eugenia Moliner and guitarist Denis Azabagic's new project featuring 20 minutes of sephardic music arranged by Assad for guitar, flute and string quartet will be premiered at the RAVINIA FESTIVAL on March 12th, 2016. They will be joined by the AVALON quartet.
- Clarice at the La Jolla Music FestivalNew York Philharmonic's principal oboist Liang Wang premieres new piece by Clarice Assad, at the La Jolla Music Festival. The work was commissioned by the La Jolla Music Society.
- Show More
WELCOME TO CLARICE ASSAD'S WEBSITE
CLARICE ASSAD IS A SYMPHONIC AND CHAMBER MUSIC COMPOSER, PIANIST, ARRANGER, VOCALIST AND EDUCATOR. Assad's music takes influences from different places—and even different times in different places—and weaves it all together in a very unique way. Described by GRAMOPHONE as "One of Brazil's brightest young composers" and by the LA Times as a "Dazzling vocal soloist," Assad is an all-round musician. Clarice's mission is to connect, inspire and empower people through music. She lives in New York City.